Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Jättehavsörn - Haliaeetus pelagicus - Steller's sea eagle

Click to see with Light box





 Jättehavsörn - Haliaeetus pelagicus - Steller's sea eagle
© NF Photo 160202  Lake Furen, Hokkaido, Japan

The largest eagle in the world. The Steller´s Sea eagle with a few "friends" sharing breakfast at Lake Furen.

With this eagle I posted the last species that I had on file from my trip to Japan. It was a bird photograhhy trip, not a birding trip. I still got myself  46 species on file. We were 13 people and the groups list of birds was 91. So I was able to photograph 46 out of 91. Slightly more then 50% :) .  Not bad as I had no chance of seeing them all.

Linking up with:     Wild Bird Wednesday    Bird D´Pot


Find the birds with  Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing looking bird, so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been a great trip. Love that second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shots! I love this bird, we saw one at a display a few years back and it flew past my head, I couldn't believe how big it was, although I would much prefer to have seen it in the wild doing its own thing. There is something that doesn't sit well with me about birds in captivity. This much have been such an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what remarkable birds - I'd love to see some. The north of Japan is on my bucket list.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing! I saw an eagle here in Florida this week. It's always a thrill to see a majestic bird like this! I'm glad you saw so many to take photos of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, awesome shots of the eagles. They are cool looking birds. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent!!!!!!

    As always, I'm here not only to view your wonderful post, but also to send along my thanks for sharing with us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!:)What a beautiful eagle with a magnificent wing span, which you caught so well on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing shots...I don't know if I will ever see a sea eagle for myself.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous captures Monica! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I´ll be happy for a comment :)