Saturday, June 7, 2014

White-rumped shama - Copsychus malabaricus

Click to see with Light box


© NF Photo 130820

About White-rumped Shama on wiki

This bird we did not see in the town area, it was on a hike in the rainforest. And it is a male. Female can be seen on wiki. This species seem to be enjoyed as cage birds. So, "my" bird might be an escapee. Video from youtube.

Find the birds with Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  , , , , ,  , , , ,

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous bird. I hope it does not compete too heavily with the native birds. Here in South Florida there are many exotics that are in various stages of becoming established residents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this species...and it's ever so pretty!!
    Thanks for sharing at the Bird D'pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty bird.. Lovely sighting and photos.. I wish I was into birding during my previous visits to Hawaii.. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous bird and It's a great singer !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bird! What an impressive tail!!! I've come from Anni's and it's so great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are really beautiful! Love their long tails! And their song is wonderful. How I'd love to see one!

    ReplyDelete

I´ll be happy for a comment :)