Tuesday, June 10, 2014

White Tern - Gygis alba

Click to see with Light box
 White Tern - Gygis alba
© NF Photo 130820, Honolulu


About White Tern on wiki
It is also known as fairy tern, a very pleasing bird to the eye. I saw it a couple of times and have more images of it, somewhere, in my files. But only in flight images. When I find them I´ll post more.

Wild Bird Wednesday
Find the birds with Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  , , , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

  1. What a great video, the bright white and dark eyes make them look really delicate. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video. I think that Tern thought it was a Hummingbird!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty, I would love to see them some day. Thanks for sharing your WBW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do looks airy... so feathery and fairy like in flight....

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to see fairy terns when we lived on Midway Island(I was 6). I've always loved them.

    ReplyDelete

I´ll be happy for a comment :)