Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rödspov - Limosa limosa islandica - Black-tailed godwit

Click to see with Light box 


Rödspov - Limosa limosa / islandica- Black-tailed godwit
© NF Photo 140601, small airport

I´ve been waiting to see this one for years. Now I was on a tour in Iceland and the driver/guide had made a detour to a small landing for airplanes. He´s a birder and just wanted to see what was there. I spotted this one and the Red-necked Phalarope I posted last week. I wanted out of the bus but he was about to turn around. But finally gave us 10 minutes. 10 minutes! I had to run quite a distance to get both birds on camera. It is beautiful, don´t you think, in it´s breeding plumage.

I got them but was breathing quite heavily as I was back to the bus. Not always easy to be a birder. :(

About  Black-tailed godwit on wiki

Wild Bird Wednesday
Find the birds with  Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels:   , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 comments:

  1. Always enjoy seeing the Godwits. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has beautiful coloring! Glad you were able to get the shots, considering! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a lovely bird in its breeding plumage.I also saw them in Iceland in breeding plumage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. En mycket vacker fågel. Färgen är så fin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos - I would love to see a Black-tailed G. in breeding plumage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great captures of your Godwit... They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the driver let you out to get photos, even if you did have to run. You got great results.

    ReplyDelete

I´ll be happy for a comment :)