Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Yellow-fronted Canary - Serinus mozambicus

Click to see with Light box 
Yellow-fronted Canary - Serinus mozambicus
© NF Photo 130814

About Yellow-fronted Canary
Yellow-fronted Canary, Serinus mozambicus, another introduced species. It is found mainly around Honolulu. And that is where I saw it. I thought it was a finch but when I started to look for it´s ID I found it is a canary.  Well, it is also known as the Green Singing Finch. This bird was drinking from the shower used by the surfers and swimmers.

youtube video



Wild Bird Wednesday   Nature Notes


Find the birds with Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  , , , , ,  , , , , ,

11 comments:

  1. Vacker färg på den här lilla fågeln.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Et flott innlegg, - både bildet og videoen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Canary! I love the colorful birds. Great shot, thanks for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great video. It appears as though they are looking for nesting material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty bird and fun video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this species. Nice bird

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a kick out of the way the canary almost wrapped itself up in the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bird! My first guess would have been a finch too.

    ReplyDelete

I´ll be happy for a comment :)